2nd annual Maebright Group Clinician Conference
Thursday, May 24, 2018
9:00am - 4:30 pm
Best Western Royal Plaza
181 Boston Post Road
Marlborough, Massachusetts 01752
Join us for a day full of learning about supporting LGBTQ+ youth and adults as clinicians. We welcome both LGBTQ+ and straight/cisgender clinicians. Regardless of how much or what you know about LGBTQ+ topics, this conference will help you better serve this population. Leave with more knowledge, applicable skills, and more connections with clinicians across the state who care about better serving marginalized communities.
Session 1: 9:15-12:15
- Understanding LGBTQ+ Identities; facilitators Ev Evnen or Raimi Marx
- Advanced Understanding LGBTQ+ Identities; facilitators Damian Lima or Kamaria Weems Carrington
- Practicing as a LGBTQ+ Clinician; facilitator Aida Manduley
- Anjemile Chithambo-Anjemile just celebrated their second-year anniversary of being sober! A musician and artist, they will speak about their own journey to sobriety as a young queer, trans and Black person.
- Aida Manduley- Aida Manduley is an award-winning activist and presenter known for big earrings and building bridges. Trained as a sexuality educator, social worker, and nonprofit management professional, they’re working to make the world a more equitable place through education, therapy, and community organizing. Their perspective is one that centers intersectionality and maximizing kindness while retaining both a sense of humor and a sense of justice.
Session 2: 1:30-4:30
- Shifting Families Towards Acceptance; facilitator Melissa MacNish, LMHC
- Trauma and the Trans Community; facilitator AndreAs Neumann Mascis, PhD
- Working with Queer and Trans Youth of Color; facilitator Damian Lima
- Incorporating Intersectionality into Your Clinical Practice; facilitator Chastity Bowick
- Policy and Research in Support of Substance Misuse Prevention and Intervention for LGBTQ Communities; facilitators Adele Alexandr Levine and Courtney Chelo
Breakfast and lunch provided
Lock in Early Bird Pricing until May 11th! All tickets increase in price by $15 after.
Tickets for clinicians in BSAS funded programs are $30, Massachusetts state-funded programs are $65, all other clinicians are $100. We have a limited number of Community Tickets for non-clinician LGBTQ+ people or LGBTQ+ clinicians with a financial need.